

Here's something for all of you..
I was always that though many of this small little junta at IIT Kharagpur drink, I will not.
But well, many fall and I fell. The first was at the gymkhana top during one of SF's few in the year 2006. Second time, again for the same cause.. It was slowly getting into my way of being and teaching me how to drink all the time and everything.
ITC Sonar Bangla made me taste a few delicacies :P My trip to the US, Emirates airlines, the Dubai Airport lounge all of them.. I became one who wouldn't mind taking a pint of beer instead of a soft drink. It was fine, it was ok.
My thing to drink decreased a bit probably around September 2007, but it was still strong enough. It came back stead fast in Jaunary 2008, and wow! it was good. The post fest celebrations saw me dwell into the land of the bright and the might. Drinking some real good stuff.
Then, something different happened. I saw myself drinking all the time. All the time. My curve was reaching a peak. Then this happened. I sat and drank, all alone in my room watching movies, eating Bingo and drinking vodka for almost two and a half days. Eat something, drink, sleep, and the movies. Even I was a bit surprised when I saw the number of movies I had seen, as I had rated them on flixster. Then, that afternoon, I threw all the packets of Bingo outside my room, the bottles, the plastic glass(es) and walked out. I had had enough. Took a bath, cleaned my room and said to myself, "It has been good, but it has to stop!"
I stopped drinking. At max, it would be a peg. Max, that is. Then, I let it go on April 8, 2008, tempted by a treat and a lot of free scotch. Didnt drink that very much, but ya definitely a pretty decent amount.
Something again happened after that, though I was in good control. Let the world fuck off, I drink when I want to (this is wat i thought after that)
April 12, 2008. The day when I will drink to my heart's content. It was like pretty dicey. I was not sure should I, shouldn't I. But then, a few great friends and me and goti (the 2 of us late entrants) were to let the intoxicating liquid flow on another treat. But, fate was to elude the two of us. It was criminal, it was sad, it felt pathetic, it felt disgusting.
Just imagine when there is something that you are not sure whether you want to do or not. Then, you seriously decide in favour of it and then, things just blow off. Life raises its middle finger and shows it to you in the face.
Thats it, no more. If after today, I do drink, there will be two things. I will not ask for it, I will not beg for it. Dont make yourself fall so low that you go around, please kahin se la do, kuch bhi la do and then get kicked in the ass.
Drink your own, and fucking enjoy every sip of it.
Who-so-ever feels that drinking off some one elses money makes the wine sweeter, for him: 'Dude. you are wrong'. Some day, you will feel belittled.
At this point, I want to give up drinking only; but I know that will be stupidity. I will drink little for sure though and always off my own, or if some one invites! (yes invites) me to drink.
Being off your own is always better off. Self-reliant. Walk yourself, it can only do you good.
--
Keep walking

2 comments:
Man! were you intoxicated when u wrote all that?
Its like a voice from within which gets crushed everytime someone throws a treat
Nahi yaar, I was in my full hosho hawas.. and that is what kicks the most :P
Post a Comment