Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Role Model

Know wat, I had been thinking lately about something..
People at times say.. Do you idolise some one, some one like a role model..
You look up to that person.. you want to be like that person!!

All the time, I used to think.. boo hoo.. No way! I dont even idolize Mahatma Gandhi, Bill gates or a great actor or a sportperson or any one at all..
Because, you are you. Let the others take a dick!
But then, I realised sometime back that, you start looking upto some one only once the person touches your life.
Once you feel the person.

No doubt, every one has his shades of grey.. And, believe me, is not that difficult to see.
But then, there are acts such that they just go deep down there..
You observe them and you say to yourself "There are people like that too!" (and at times, or rather.. in today's world.. those grey shades are necessary.. so necessary!")

I had never given this a thought.. Because I never had things like "my favourite". I dont have a fav football team, or a cricket team, or an actor or a player or anything etc. Do we really care about them!
Ohk, u love to watch cricket. watch it! Does it really change things if you have a fav team.. I take that this is an excuse for not wasting time over watching all the matches!! :D :D HeHahaha

Coming back.. I had been thinking.. and, I finally realize that there are people whom you know.. I wont mind looking upto. They are good, they are great. and this is the funny part..
there are things that are so common to them.. and yet so different..

One thing in the middle, I am going to say. Things went kinda of bad in the middle for me.. and I found a one liner for people whom I call friends "They are ones whom I can trust with my eyes closed anytime" Thats it! Sweet, short and simple.. Rest, ya. you guys are great too.. and you make life living.. but then there might just be more of those like you out there!

Show a bit of care, show that you are interested. and the person will become a fan of yours. Just like I did of them. I look upto them, and follow what they do; for I believe that when I see their actions and learn from them.. it might just make me a better person.. a person whom I want to be.. (Dont worry.. I know I am an individual and different and stuff, and should have my own line of thinking.. blah blah blah)

I guess thats wat role models are meant for! Letting you make a better person out of yourself.

--
Keep walking

No comments: